Today, every product or service needs to delight its users and that means delivering an outstanding user experience (UX). In this full-color guide, leading user experience designer Anthony Conta guides you step by step through crafting these exceptional user experiences. The Art and Science of UX Design introduces a complete human-centered design framework for success, using practical examples based on his pioneering experience in the field.
Learn to apply design thinking to understand your users' wants, needs, goals, and frustrations as you transform empathy into one of your most powerful design tools. Once you've defined the right problems, you'll master proven ideation techniques to quickly create promising solutions. You'll walk through prototyping preliminary designs, testing and refining them based on users' actual reactions, and clearly communicating all you've learned so colleagues can build what you've envisioned. Finally, you'll learn practical ways to continually iterate and improve your offerings so they stay competitive (and delightful) far into the future.
- Go in depth on how to do UX design by walking step by step through the design thinking process
- See how theories and best practices apply to real-world examples of projects and designs
- Complete exercises that take you through an entire UX design project, end to end
- Learn research techniques for how to solve a problem such as conducting surveys, user interviews, and affinity mapping
- Practice top ideation techniques like brainstorming, sketching, and mind mapping
- See how you can bring your design ideas to life and test them with users
- Discover strategies for creating your own portfolio using the exercises you complete with this book
"With his deep design expertise and an unwavering commitment to teaching, Anthony can bridge the worlds of UX design and education in ways few people can. I'm confident this book will prove to be an invaluable resource for anyone interested in learning both the craft and the process of UX design."
- Professor Craig MacDonald, Pratt Institute
"Anthony is exceptionally skilled at dissecting complex problems and translating them into delightful, intuitive design solutions. He brings that same thoughtful approach to demystifying UX Design and helping others understand the core fundamentals in an approachable and engaging way."
- Mark Sherrill, VP of Product Design