Is there a secret to successful study?The answer is 'yes'! There are some essential skills and smart strategies that will help you to improve your results at university.
Using proven techniques and tips to help you focus your efforts and develop successful study skills and strategies, THE STUDY SKILLS BOOKprovides practical answers to questions such as:
- What do lecturers expect from you in a tutorial?
- What's the best way to plan an essay or dissertation?
- Where should you concentrate your efforts for maximum impact?
This book is an essential practical resource for all students who want to improve their performance and succeed in their studies:
- All key study skills are covered including essay writing, revision and exams, tutorials, and dissertations
- Practical solutions are presented for the most common problems
- A common-sense, no-nonsense approach is offered using practical checklists and tips
This handbook has been written by experts and extensively tested on students to help you focus your efforts, troubleshoot your problems and thrive at university.
"Every aspect of university life is covered - my tip to other students is to have this book on their desk and use it - (it) has been a great help", Sarah Scott, Student
"This book really is a must have for any first year student!! Easy to read, intelligent and the best help a first year could ever want!", Alastair Ross, Amazon reviewer
"This book really will be a godsend to you during your time at university. It's like my bible now - I'm so glad I bought it!", Fi Wordsworth, Amazon reviewer