This second book on Person-Centered Medicine (PCM), written by the theory author- the first was published in 2001 by the same author- introduces the PCM paradigm applied in the Milan School of Medicine since 1998, and the first results of the Person-Centered Clinical Method application in clinical practice. The book is essential to understand the institution of the Person-Centered Medicine paradigm of Medicine and Medical science, the first extrinsic in Medicine history, its scientific bases, and the revolutionary change of the health concept.
The book introduces the "Health Relativity theory"(HRT) and its indeterministic epistemological construct, with a revolution of the deterministic current one, posing the basis of the People and Person-Centered new model of prevention (PPCP).
The book's second significant contribution to science is introducing the MCP-derived general theory of SARS-COV 2 infection and COVID-19 clinical complications like ARDS, highlighting the WHO and countries scientific committees' omissions. By introducing PPCP, the book reverses, in an irrefutably way, the health policy to date promoted in the world against COVID-19.This is also the textbook of the international master in Person-Centered Medicine of the Milan School of Medicine.
The book ( 131pg.-123 ref.) is structured in 10 chapters as follows:
1.The epistemological and scientific basis of Person-Centered Medicine ( Scientific bases of the paradigm );
2.Person-Centered Medicine teaching in the Milan School of Medicine ( First institutional MCP teaching in the world since 1998);
3. The Person-Centered Medicine Clinical Method (Step by step the Person-Centered Medicine Clinical Method);
4. Results of the Person-Centered Medicine clinical application: the first PCM pilot study (2002);
4.1. Analysis of the PCM pilot study results (2003);
5. Person-Centered Medicine learning and the PCM pilot study results;
6.The COVID-19 mechanic primary prevention defeat, the result of a guilty omission of secondary prevention.; This chapter introduces the general theories of SARS-COV 2 allostasis and its complications, and the derived Copernican revolution of the mechanic prevention perspective through the "People and person-centered prevention" model. The chapter highlights the reasons for the secondary prevention omission and failure of primary prevention;
7. The health relativity theory. The chapter introduces the "Health Relativity Theory", derived by PCM, that revolutions the current deterministic health concept and poses the epistemological basis of PPCP
8. The PCCM resilience induction, (The PCCM orientation to promote protective factors );
9. The need for Person-Centered Medicine for a "People and Person-Centered Prevention";
10. Opening remarks The chapter introduces the PCM and PPCP necessary impact in the world public health, and medical education;
11. THE PCCM LEARNING EVALUATION PROTOCOL-PCCMLEP-;
The PCM paradigm is derived from medical science and humanities-induced person-centered advances, which during the last 40 years changed the health concept, and clinical method, starting from the epistemological innovation of the determinate and indeterminate relativity of biological reactions written by the same author in 1996. Part of this book and its figures correspond to the person-centered theory and its teaching procedures highlighted by prof. Giuseppe R. Brera in an invited presentation at WHO on 4 May 2011.