Deepen appreciation and understanding of Orwell's classic novel with engaging images that reinforce the concepts of literature and aid preparation for the CSEC English B examination.
- Build understanding of the novel through images, text and Directed Reading Thinking Activities (DRTA) that work together and are ideal for use across all secondary grades.
- Improve and practise essay-writing skills using CSEC-style essay questions, guidance on essay writing skills and an annotated sample essay.
- Check understanding of the social concerns and character development of the novel by answering the guided reading questions.
- Build literary knowledge with the section on stylistics which explores the effectiveness of the writer's craft.
- Deepen literary knowledge with background notes and explanations.