This Norton Critical Edition includes:
- The Eversley Edition text of the poem, accompanied by Erik Gray's preface, full introduction and detailed explanatory footnotes.
- One illustration.
- A generous selection (new to the Third Edition) of background materials on In Memoriam's subject, Arthur Henry Hallam, as well as its literary and scientific contexts.
- Twelve contemporary reviews spanning 1850-55 (also new to this Third Edition) that suggest In Memoriam's initial reception.
- Eleven critical essays, five of them new to the Third Edition.
- A chronology, a selected bibliography and an index of first lines.
About the Series
Read by more than 12 million students over fifty-five years, Norton Critical Editions set the standard for apparatus that is right for undergraduate readers. The three-part format-annotated text, contexts and criticism-helps students to better understand, analyse and appreciate the literature, while opening a wide range of teaching possibilities for instructors. Whether in print or in digital format, Norton Critical Editions provide all the resources students need.