The latest edition of this pioneering text atlas incorporates all the advances that have taken place in the field over the last decade. Minimally invasive procedures are now established as the method of choice for many applications in equine orthopaedic surgery, not only as an aid to diagnosis, but also as an alternative to conventional surgery. The text has been completely revised and massively expanded to reflect the rapid growth of this specialty, and covers many important new applications and techniques. This latest edition also features new, full colour, high resolution images throughout, including digital video. It remains the most comprehensive reference available, yet still retains the established text-atlas format, and continues to provide readers with both authoritative comment and practical guidance on all aspects of this important technique.
- Diagnostic images with side-by-side radiographs and illustrations offer multiple points of view and directional guidance on surgical procedures.
- Expert authorship features helpful insights and expertise from the worldwide leader and speaker on equine arthoscopy, Wayne McIlwraith.
- Specially commissioned artwork clearly illustrates local anatomy and key stages of surgical procedures.
- Coverage of choice, use, and maintenance of equipment provides a basic understanding of arthroscopic technique and reasoning behind various practices.
- Content dedicated to diagnostic and surgical arthroscopy of the horse provides authoritative, comprehensive information on this specialized subject.
- NEW! Updated high-definition images provide a crystal clear view of surgical procedures from multiple views.
- NEW! Companion website features 48 high-resolution digital videos that link back to the textbook for a vivid demonstration of surgical techniques.
- NEW! Expanded content ensures you are up to date on the latest developments in the field - particularly in the areas of tenoscopy, bursoscopy, and arthroscopic methods for cartilage repair.
- NEW! Chapter on postoperative management, adjunctive therapies, and rehabilitation procedures keeps you abreast of best practices when it comes to taking care of the horse post-operation.