Here's a succinct, up-to-date summary of the physiological processes that take place in the human body, written in a straightforward and easy-to-understand manner. Derived from Berne et al.'s more lengthy text, Physiology, 5th Edition, it concisely and efficiently covers all of the most need-to-know concepts in the field. Updates include discussions of how the most recent findings in molecular biology and genetics affect our knowledge of physiology. A wealth of case examples, full-color artwork, review questions with answers, and boxes, tables, and graphs help readers to easily and thoroughly master the material.
The smart way to study!
Elsevier titles with STUDENT CONSULT will help you master difficult concepts and study more efficiently in print and online! Perform rapid searches. Integrate bonus content from other disciplines. Download text to your handheld device. And a lot more. Each STUDENT CONSULT title comes with full text online, a unique image library, case studies, USMLE style questions, and online note-taking to enhance your learning experience.
- Provides shaded "clinical boxes" to demonstrate abstract concepts' relevance to human physiological phenomena.
- Offers case examples that show how physiological processes respond to various stimuli or to pathological processes.
- Delivers hundreds of full-color illustrations that make complex physiological principles easy to grasp quickly.
- Includes abundant graphs, figures, and tables that display information at a glance.
- Presents review questions and answers that allow readers to evaluate their comprehension.
- Incorporates a great deal of new information on how new discoveries in molecular biology and genetics affect our understanding of human physiology.
- Includes access to www.studentconsult.com - with the full text of the book online, integration links to relevant material from other STUDENT CONSULT texts, online self-assessment activities, a community center, and other valuable features.