Smart speakers are becoming more and more common in the home. These are devices that use a voice-controlled digital personal assistant to perform a range of everyday tasks. One of the most popular of these is Alexa, which operates on the Amazon Echo smart speaker.
Alexa for Seniors in easy steps shows the Senior reader how to use Alexa to help with everyday tasks, and to give you peace of mind and keep you safe, including:
- Setting reminders and alerts for:
- taking medication
- upcoming appointments
- paying bills
- daily/weekly/monthly household tasks
- calling relatives and friends
- birthdays and anniversaries - get Alexa to remind you to send cards and presents in time
- ...and anything else you need reminding about
- Making hands-free phone calls if you can't reach the phone
- Setting and controlling smart home devices like smart heating and smart lighting
- Getting the weather forecast, latest news, and sports results
- Playing music and listening to the radio
- Playing games
- Doing shopping online
And much, much more!
Alexa for Seniors in easy steps guides you through setting up your Alexa-enabled device, so you don't have to ask the kids!
Presented in larger font for easy reading - in the familiar In Easy Steps style.