Contemporary and fully updated, the new edition of this accessible guide builds on the success of previous editions to bring together all the key principles of nursing care for surgical patients. Split into two sections, the first section explains the basis of surgical care. The second section has comprehensive coverage of all major areas of surgical practice, providing both a theoretical and practical understanding across a wide range of procedures.
Written from a patient-centred perspective but with an added emphasis on safety and the role of the nurse in relation to current legislation, the new Pudner's Nursing the Surgical Patient offers all you need to provide the best care. Its user-friendly format will make it invaluable not only to nurses but to a range of health care practitioners.
- Easy-to-read, easy-to-understand approach
- Ultra-clear and simple line art
- Written by 20+ expert contributors from around the UK
- Patient-centred approach places the patient at the centre of all that is done
- Reflects the latest practice and retains the principles of care
- Completely updated to reflect recent developments in the field, from advances in laparoscopic surgery to the inclusion of new surgeries that can take place in a day-care setting
- Wider scope of reference from specialist to associate nurse, to a range of healthcare professionals
- New section on patient safety including informed consent
- Expanded reference to NMC standards and guidelines
- Now with a full colour design and colour illustrations