Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet's Venice & the Veneto is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Absorb the architecture at Basilica di San Marco, cruise the Grand Canal on a gondola, and trace the development of Venetian art at the Gallerie dell'Accademia - all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Venice and the Veneto and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Venice & the Veneto:
- NEW pull-out, passport-size 'Just Landed' card with wi-fi, ATM and transport info - all you need for a smooth journey from airport to hotel
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, people, music, art, architecture, cuisine, politics
- Over 30 maps
- Covers San Marco, Dorsoduro, San Polo & Santa Croce, Cannaregio, Castello, Giudecca, Lido, Murano, Burano, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Venice & the Veneto is our most comprehensive guide to Venice and the Veneto, and is perfect for discovering both popular and off-the-beaten-path experiences.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world's number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we've printed over 145 million guidebooks and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You'll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, nine international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more.
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves, it's in every traveler's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)