Fully revised, Tourism, 2nd edition covers aspects of tourism from a modern perspective, providing students with a range of theoretical and research-based explanations, supported by examples, case studies and unique insights from industry representatives.
The many facets of tourism management are presented in a style that is as relevant for 1st year students as it is for postgraduates. The text offers introductory definitions and detailed discussions of contemporary issues that recognize current teaching practice around the world.
Covering topics such as policy and planning, heritage management, leisure management, event management and hospitality management, the book tackles the practical elements of academic tourism such as infrastructure management and economic development, together with other important contemporary issues such as sustainable development and post-tourists. This new edition also features:
· Updated and new contemporary case studies, including countries such as Egypt, Croatia and The Philippines
· New material on
· tourism and sustainability including the SDGs
· Unions in the travel and tourism sectors
· Gender issues in travel and tourism
· Augmented reality and robots
· Prosumption and co-creation
· Contributions from professionals working in the tourism industry for a real-world perspective
· A fresh new layout and full colour text and figures that make it easy to locate information and aid learning
· Links to new video material throughout, which provide easy access to additional content for further study
This will be an essential text for all students of travel and tourism at all levels of study.
Paperback (22 May 2020)
Includes delivery to USA
10+ copies available online - Usually dispatched within 48 hours