The fifth edition of The Lecturer's Toolkit addresses the needs and aspirations of all lecturers teaching in tertiary education. With a focus on practical, implementable strategies to enhance learning experiences and ensure best practice, it covers all of the need-to-know information crucial to teaching success.
Pinpointing aspects of teaching excellence, the challenges and stresses of teaching and adapted to cover digital and online learning as well as face-to-face contexts, this new edition covers:
- designing and using learning outcomes
- face-to-face, online and peer dialogues
- using web extracts, video-clips, phones, tablets and social media in large group teaching
- how online learning relates to the larger contexts of lectures and MOOCs
- cheating, plagiarism, essay mills and online assessment
- how particular aspects fit into the bigger picture of a module/course/degree/life
- ensuring you're looking after yourself
Based on four decades of experience of higher education, The Lecturer's Toolkit is written with authority and clarity in a jargon-free style. This invaluable guide is a must-read for every higher education professional.