Stories from the West that Wasn't
Four strangers find themselves within the desert town of Genesis. As they wait for a convoy to ride through, the play cards and share stories. At least one of them is bluffing about more than just their hand.
This exciting supernatural Western is the debut novel of Avi Llio and is intended to be an introduction to the world of The Cursed and The Dead. An America where monsters roam free and the sins of a bloody past do not go unpunished. Join us won't you for tales of:
- The Lawman, an imposing, long arm of justice who does his best to battle djinn and vampire alike. With mixed results.
- The beguiling Mister Cross. Some say he is a trickster, some say he's a sorceror. To meet him is to know your life is about to change. Assuming you have a life when he is done with you.
- The hunter O, on the pursuit of a legendary animal, forced into helping a woman trapped in the desert.
- Snakebit and Pumpkin, two members of a convoy trapped between dimensions.
- A murder suspect who swears it was bright lights and grey people from the sky.
- Ancient Evil!
What more is there to ask for? Welcome to an America that exists only in Nightmares and wishful thinking.
Note: 10% of each sale will go towards supporting indigenous charities across the Americas.
About Avi Llio
Avi is a former writer for the stage and television. They are also an immigrant. Hobbies include hiking, volunteerism, world history, and UFO investigation. This is Avi's debut work, and they look forward to developing the series to feature more monsters, gun fights, and subtle critiques of old American stories.
About Ixtab Media
Ixtab Media is an independent publisher focused on developing under-represented authors, creating inclusive works of ficiton, and supporting artists. With a focus primarily on horror and satire, their aim is to expand and reexamine what a publishing company is capable of. Utilising streamlined methods of creation and a "write what you'd like to read" mentality, they are able to pay their writers significantly more than their mainstream peers, take risks with projects, and support artists and charities from across the globe.