Simply Psychology, fourth edition, is an engaging and reader-friendly introduction to the key principles of psychology. Organized around the major approaches to the subject, it covers biological, developmental, social, and cognitive psychology, as well as individual differences.
Supported by a wealth of colour illustrations, it provides students new to the subject with straightforward and clear explanations of all the key topics within contemporary psychology. The features spread throughout the book are designed to help readers to engage with the material and include:
- highlighted key terms and comprehensive glossary
- chapter introductions and summaries
- further reading and evaluation boxes
- structured essay and self-assessment questions
- case-studies and examples illustrating the application of key theories
It also concludes with a practical chapter that offers students tips and advice to help them improve their study skills and get the most out of the book and their studies.
NEW FOR THE FOURTH EDITION
- expanded coverage of abnormal psychology
- coverage of developments in neuroscience
- new 'In the real world' feature showing how psychology can be used in a range of professional contexts
Simply Psychology is ideal for students studying psychology for the first time, as well as those in related fields such as nursing, social work and the social sciences.