Updated for both Python 3.4 and 2.7, this convenient pocket guide is the perfect on-the-job quick reference. You'll find concise, need-to-know information on Python types and statements, special method names, built-in functions and exceptions, commonly used standard library modules, and other prominent Python tools. The handy index lets you pinpoint exactly what you need.
Written by Mark Lutz-widely recognized as the world's leading Python trainer-Python Pocket Reference is an ideal companion to O'Reilly's classic Python tutorials, Learning Python and Programming Python, also written by Mark.
This fifth edition covers:
- Built-in object types, including numbers, lists, dictionaries, and more
- Statements and syntax for creating and processing objects
- Functions and modules for structuring and reusing code
- Python's object-oriented programming tools
- Built-in functions, exceptions, and attributes
- Special operator overloading methods
- Widely used standard library modules and extensions
- Command-line options and development tools
- Python idioms and hints
- The Python SQL Database API