Insight Guides Explore New York
Travel made easy. Ask local experts.
Focused travel guide featuring the very best routes and itineraries, now with free eBook.
Discover the best of New York with this unique travel guide, packed full of insider information and stunning images. From making sure you don't miss out on must-see, top attractions like Central Park, the Empire State building and Times Square, to discovering cultural gems, like taking in a Broadway show on the Great White Way, a shopping spree on Fifth Avenue and more art than you can see in a lifetime at the big five: the Met, MoMA, Whitney, Guggenheim and Frick, the easy-to-follow, ready-made walking routes will save you time, and help you plan and enhance your visit to this unrivalled city.
Features of this travel guide to New York:
- 18 walks and tours: detailed itineraries feature all the best places to visit, including where to eat and drink along the way
- Local highlights: discover the area's top attractions and unique sights, and be inspired by stunning imagery
- Historical and cultural insights: immerse yourself in New York's rich history and culture, and learn all about its people, art and traditions
- Insider recommendations: discover the best hotels, restaurants and nightlife using our comprehensive listings
- Practical full-colour map: with every major sight and listing highlighted, the full-colour maps make on-the-ground navigation easy
- Key tips and essential information: packed full of important travel information, from transport and tipping to etiquette and hours of operation
- The ultimate travel tool: download the free app and eBook to access all this and more from your phone or tablet
- Covers: Fifth Avenue; Times Square to Herald Square; Museum of Modern Art; United Nations and Midtown East; Central Park; Metropolitan Museum of Art; Upper East Side Museums; Upper West Side; Harlem; The Cloisters; Flatiron, SoFi, Union Square, and Chelsea; Greenwich Village; Soho and Tribeca; East Village and Lower East Side; Lower Manhattan; Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island; Brooklyn; The Bronx
Looking for a comprehensive guide to the USA? Check out Insight Guides USA for a detailed and entertaining look at all the country has to offer.
About Insight Guides: Insight Guides is a pioneer of full-colour guide books, with almost 50 years' experience of publishing high-quality, visual travel guides with user-friendly, modern design. We produce around 400 full-colour print guide books and maps as well as phrase books, picture-packed eBooks and apps to meet different travellers' needs. Insight Guides' unique combination of beautiful travel photography and focus on history and culture create a unique visual reference and planning tool to inspire your next adventure.