Ionic in Action teaches web developers how to build cross-platform mobile apps for phones and tablets on iOS and Android. You'll learn how to extend your web development skills to build apps that are indistinguishable from native iOS or Android projects.
Purchase of the print book includes a free eBook in PDF, Kindle, and ePub formats from Manning Publications.
About the Book
Ionic in Action teaches web developers how to build mobile apps using Ionic and AngularJS. Through carefully explained examples, the book shows you how to create apps that use UI components designed for mobile, leverage current location, integrate with native device features like the camera, use touch gestures, and integrate with external data sources. Learn to test your apps to improve stability and catch errors as you develop. Finally, you'll discover the command-line utility, and how to build and deploy to app stores.
- Design complex interfaces with Ionic's UI controls
- Build once and deploy for both iOS and Android
- Use native device hardware and device-specific features
- Covers the entire mobile development process
About the Reader
About the Author
Jeremy Wilken is a senior UX software developer who works with Ionic, AngularJS, and Node.js. He lives in Austin, Texas.
Table of Contents
- Introducing Ionic and hybrid apps
- Setting up your computer to build apps
- What you need to know about AngularJS
- Ionic navigation and core components
- Tabs, advanced lists, and form components
- Weather app, using side menus, modals, action sheets, and ionScroll
- Advanced techniques for professional apps
- Using Cordova plugins
- Previewing, debugging, and automated testing
- Building and publishing apps