'I want a pet! I want a pet! I hope I like the pet I get!'
When a boy goes to the Strange Pet Shop to find a pet, there's no knowing what he'll find there. He is very particular, and nothing at the Strange Pet Shop suits him until, at last the perfect pet comes bounding through the door!
- Green/ Band 5 books offer early readers patterned language and varied characters.
- Text type - A poem with predictable structure and patterned language.
- At the end of the story is a poster advertising the Strange Pet Shop, which is ideal for further discussion and supporting further work outside the reading session.
- Curriculum links - Citizenship: Animals and us.
- This book has been levelled for Reading Recovery.