The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring this vibrant city.
Tour the museums and galleries on museum mile, visit the world's largest model railway at Miniatur Wunderland or spend the day boating on the Alster: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of Hamburg with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Hamburg:
- Over 30 colour maps, including a large-scale pull-out map of the city and a transport map, help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of Hamburg, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and floorplans show in detail the Rathaus, Hamburger Kunsthalle, the Maritime Museum, HafenCity, Cap San Diego and more
- Colour photographs of Hamburg's historic sights, museums, churches, parks, busy port and more
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Old Town, New Town, Port and Speicherstadt, St Pauli, Altona, Around the Alster and sights beyond the city centre
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about the city's history, architecture, museums and galleries, parks and gardens, media, famous residents and the festivals that take place throughout the year
- Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus useful phrases, visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Hamburg is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to Hamburg.
DK Eyewitness: winner of the Top Guidebook Series in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards 2017.
"No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one" - The Independent
Want to explore more of Germany? Try our DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Germany.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK's highly visual Eyewitness guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your holiday. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.