If you are teaching - or learning - to teach primary science, this is the toolkit to support you!
Highly respected and widely used, Essential Primary Science 2E blends essential subject knowledge with a vast array of teacher activities. Updated and revised throughout to reflect the requirements of the new National Curriculum, it covers the essential knowledge and understanding that you need; plus it offers over 200 great ideas for teaching primary science at KS1 and KS2 - so no more late nights thinking up creative new ways to teach key concepts!
Written in a friendly and supportive style this new edition offers:
- Over 200 original and new activities to complement the new curriculum, ready for you to try out in the classroom
- Tips on how to ensure each lesson includes both practical and investigative elements
- Suggestions on how to make your lessons engaging, memorable and inclusive
- How to deal with learners' common scientific misconceptions in each topic
- Two new chapters on working scientifically and how to tackle assessment
- New up-to-date web links to quality free resources