This guide will help you get started in the world of school esports, offering the strategies and tools you need to build a successful program for your school and students.
What defines esports? Why build an esports program for your school? What technology do you need to get started? This guide addresses these questions and more, offering tips for setting up an effective program while helping students succeed academically and socially.
The guide includes:
- Strategies for getting buy-in from the community, including administrators, faculty, parents and students.
- Examples aligned to the ISTE Standards for Educators.
- An overview of the technology needs for a successful program.
- Ideas for creating effective virtual and physical spaces.
- Tips for fostering inclusivity and building community.
Students who feel safe and connected to their school communities often perform better academically, are absent less and are more likely to find mentors and follow career paths. Games and esports can be a lifeline for students who need one most, and this guide shows how building community through an esports program can help students thrive.
(ISTE Jump Start Guide, 8.5" x 11", three laminated panels, six pages)