The ability to successfully confront an employee AND maintain a quality relationship is a skill impediment for many school leaders. Confrontation Management is a practical framework to help any leader plan and facilitate a confrontational conversation. The reader will learn how to:
- Appropriately beginning a confrontational conversation
- How to invite employees into a conversation and avoid a "top-down" meeting
- Common tactics used by employees to torpedo a meeting
- Successfully pivoting a conversation from issues or concerns to solutions
- Ending a conversation with a plan and on a positive note
Confrontation Management is the ultimate guide to making sure that confrontation is facilitated effectively and the school leader's relationship with staff continues to result in a positive school culture.