A complete guide to the history, form and contexts of the genre, Autobiographical Comics helps readers explore the increasingly popular genre of graphic life writing. In an accessible and easy-to-navigate format, the book covers such topics as:
· The history and rise of autobiographical comics
· Cultural contexts
· Key texts - including Maus, Robert Crumb, Persepolis, Fun Home, and American Splendor
· Important theoretical and critical approaches to autobiographical comics
Autobiographical Comics includes a glossary of crucial critical terms, annotated guides to further reading and online resources and discussion questions to help students and readers develop their understanding of the genre and pursue independent study.
Autobiographical Comics - Bloomsbury Comics Studies
eBook (02 Nov 2017)
Not available for sale
Instant Download - PDF (with DRM)
- Read on your eReader, tablet, mobile, MAC or desktop PC.
- Currently not compatible with Amazon Kindle.
- PDF's require Adobe Digital Editions.