Updated and revised, this bestselling textbook continues to provide a broad introduction to the key topics in the welfare of animals both large and small, farm and companion, wild and zoo. It retains all the popular features of the previous editions with coverage of key issues such as ethics, animal pain and injury, health and disease, social conditions, and welfare dilemmas and problems. Importantly, it also offers practical advice for welfare assessment, with a full section dedicated to the implementation of solutions.
The third edition:
- Contains many more examples of welfare issues in different countries, particularly the implications for smallholders as well as larger scale agriculture
- Covers fish welfare as well as welfare of amphibians, reptiles and invertebrates
- Includes concepts of positive emotion and other positive aspects of welfare
- Focuses on animal welfare and sustainability
- Includes an integrated ebook with additional material and videos
With contributions from renowned international experts and a new editorial team, Animal Welfare, 3rd Edition is an essential resource for students and researchers in animal and veterinary sciences and other disciplines considering the science and practice of animal welfare, and for practitioners and decision-makers worldwide.