Teach Yourself - the world's leading learning brand - is relaunched in 2010 as a multi-platform experience that will keep you motivated to achieve your goals. Let our expert author guide you through this brand new edition, with personal insights, tips, energising self-tests and summaries throughout the book. Go online at www.teachyourself.com for tests, extension articles and a vibrant community of like-minded learners. And if you don't have much time, don't worry - every book gives you 1, 5 and 10-minute bites of learning to get you started.
* Offers the very latest advice on both complementary and traditional therapies, including natural therapy and HRT
* Gives you not only advice on coping with symptoms, but how to prevent them
* Explains clearly exactly how your body is changing
* Plenty of practical suggestions for nutrition, fitness and coping with emotional ups and downs
* One of the few really objective guides that just tells you what you need to know
* Written by an experienced health writer who'll explain all the issues in the clearest manner possible so you can make a choice that works for you.
Teach Yourself Your Menopause will give you a clear and steady path through the maze of conflicting information, offering a comprehensive guide to the years immediately before, during and after the menopause and treating it not as a disease but as another stage in your life. It will explain what exactly is happening in your body, and help you understand the physical, mental and emotional impacts, signs and symptoms of these changes. It will offer you support as you face the end of your fertile years, realistic advice for contraceptive choices, and insight into your sexuality at this stage. You will receive the latest guidance on what treatment you should and shouldn't seek for any difficult symptoms (from traditional medicine and natural alternatives alike) and practical tips on lifestyle choices such as fitness, nutrition, and mind and mood, in this comprehensive and supportive guide to making the period both during and after the menopause as satisfying and fulfilled as possible.