See Nice as it's never been seen before in seven self-guided walking tours that reveal the true story of Nice. From the little-known stories behind Nice's best-known sights to secret places that would even surprise locals, Nice is finally "uncovered".
The 218 info-packed pages are fitted into a light and compact format. Easy to carry around for the day! Maps and step-by-step instructions make getting around a breeze.
- the Old Town, the vibrant heart of Nice with its crooked streets, cosy squares, baroque churches, bustling markets and jumble of pastel houses;
- Castle Hill, a scenic park overlooking the sea with reminders of Nice's earliest settlement and the final resting place of Nice notables;
- Port Lympia with stately 18th-century buildings around a harbor;
- Cimiez, the hilltop neighborhood where gladiators fought, Romans bathed, the Franciscans built a monastery and Queen Victoria held court;
- the Promenade des Anglais, the seaside walk lined with elegant hotels reflecting the British influence on Nice;
- West Nice, the little-known neighborhood that was once a country outpost and aristocratic hideaway;
- the Promenade du Paillon a lush, watery landscape built over the Paillon river;
- the Quartier des Musiciens with landmark Belle Epoque and Art Deco masterpieces.
Written by an insider, the walking tours include the local lore, legends and traditions that make up Nice's unique culture. Learn about the food, festivals, saints and sinners that locals talk about.
For more about this book, see niceuncovered.com